bitr mastermind Klaus P. Rausch started his new Modern Sampling workshop series at www.amazona.de magazine (german language).
You will find answers to the questions
– Why should I create my own samples, there are already a lot of great samples out there?
– How can I organize my sample libraries efficiently and what’s the quickest solution to find specific sounds?
– Are all sampleplayers equal or are there differences?
– What is so special and charming with the old Fairlight and Emulator II samples?
– Controller assignment and key switches – useful or not?
– What software should I use for making sustain loops, audio cleaning, archive organization, etc. for my own samples?
This and much more can be found there, just go the the already published series #1 and #2 here:
The workshop series is published monthly.